Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Tori Amos – Big Wheel

The beat is attracting me to listen over an over. It’s be nice to know what the lyrics are. It’s hard to write them down as my fingers want to dance with the rest of my body. Some really cool lyrics. “You think I am your possession but you’re messing with a Southern girl.” Love the sassiness. “Get off the cross, we need the wood.” Now I’m ROTFL. “Don't you throw that shame on me - I've been drinking down your pain.” Getting a bit serious here. Then there was a reference that was completely new to me. The narrator says, “I am a M.I.L.F don't you forget.” Maybe it’s because I’ve been holed up in the hills so long, but I was not prepared for what I found when I googled that one. Guess I’m the last person in America who has heard that term. I’ll have to ask my wife, who qualifies as a MILF as a mother of 4. This song jumps off the album on first hearing, but the entire album is great fun. Shoutout for Yo George and Digital Ghost. Tori Amos