Thursday, March 20, 2008

Eddie Vedder - No Ceiling

“Moving on a scene surreal, I know my heart will never be far from here. Sure as I’m breathing, sure as I’m sad, I’ll keep this wisdom.” These tunes, from a soundtrack called Into The Wild, are the perfect way to enter Mystic Canyon. I shut off my player as I sit by the creek fed by a hundred springs. Later, after emerging from the canyon and seeing the tents of campers dotting around the pond I turn on the player again and listen to Hard Sun and End Of The Road. Nice music, great day. There will be peace in the valley – someday. A perfect eding to a perfect day with a fire burning and Eddie singing Guaranteed (“All my destinations will accept the one that’s me. . . a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul. . .Don’t come closer or I’ll have to go. . . Everyone I come across in cages they’ve bought, they think of me and my wandering but I’m never what they thought. . .Wind in my hair, I feel part of everywhere. . .Got my indignation, but I’m pure in all my thoughts. I’m alive!” Eddie Vedder