Wednesday, December 27, 2006

The Histrioniks - Mood Swinger

The post-Christmas sales are in full swing, and our eartaste friend is ready with a power taste acoustic guitar. “I see shoes and I go crazy/had to shop until I drop!/I was full/and then I’m empty/never knew just when to stop.” To be honest, the song is really not about shopping, but then, what does shopping symbolize? I love this: “try and feed me/try and need me/I might let you lick my plate.” Some of this poem is pitch blackberry eartaste: “I sit outside on a cold winter night/all alone in the dark”. Some of the poem is light fluffy cool whip eartaste: “Sun and earth revolve around me/my tattoos have left a scar.” But these mood changes only make sense as we recall the title of the song. We met the Histrioniks through their second CD a few weeks back, but is a great pleasure to dig in and find satisfaction in their first CD as well. The Histrioniks