Saturday, December 23, 2006

Welcome To The Working Week!

Since this is the final week of the year, and I have a backlog of great material to share, and I want to ready my ears for the great sounds of 2007, I am going to try my best to share at least three songs every day this week as my gift to all my eartaste friends. 2006 has been a great year for music – I know the mainstream hasn’t caught on yet. I’m constantly watching the Billboards hoping for some movement toward more pop on the radio. It’ll happen, but it’s going to take folks like you and I purchasing the music and making requests to make the change. I’ve nothing against the US Billboard choices – but the folks that run the show seem to feel we cannot enjoy more than one or two new songs per week. And those one or two have to sound very similar to the ones they’re replacing. They have computers telling them what people want to hear. Folly folly folly. Oh well, what we can’t get on the radio, we’ll get on the internet! I keep hearing music biz folks complaining about the lack of sales. Well, the problem is – IMHO – that the music they’re exposing us to is simply not exciting people enough to want to purchase it. Here at eartaste we’ve found that there is a lot of exciting music being produced! We simply need a place to hear it. Hopefully you’re hearing some great flavors here that is enticing you to pull out that wallet and purchase a CD or two every month! Anyway, let’s get this week going. There’s a lot to cover, so let’s start!