Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Nushu – Spill b/w Alexander Zabriel

This hump day dance gets started with a pogo-like opening – try not to spill your margaritas! This is joyful pop, and it’s fun to look at what causes all the joy. I hear so many songs where the boy loses the girl and he gets the blues. Well, in this song, the girl loses the boy and she is ecstatic. Such is the difference in viewpoints, lol! The two singers harmonize wonderfully on “cross my heart and hope to be free of you and misery.” The chorus is adamantly smiling as the singers chant “Leave me alone!” Fun dance rhythms, garage-sounding guitar work, exciting drums, steady beating bass. “Noisy sounds that fill my head play to every word you said. Quit spilling on me! You’re dragging me down!” The shout-out flipside is a fascinating southern California flavored caribbean beat keeps the party hopping up and down with smiles wider than the humongous margarita glasses at this party. “Hearing music somewhere around possessed me body going up and down. I couldn’t stop me feet - drove me wild with each beat.” The main protagonist in this story could either be Alexander or a cheetah, and it’s very possible both are the same. You decide. I enjoy the mystery and the magic of the happy rhythms, despite the complaint of the narrator, “Me feet were finally aching and me back felt out of place. This dancing is like a devil with a tail I’ve got to chase!” Lol!!! Thanks for the bubblegum punkpop! Nushu