Saturday, September 27, 2008

Paul Mark & The Van Dorens - Lotta Things to Say

Southeast Texas/Louisiana flavors flirt with my ears as Paul begins his narrative. “Now when I was a schoolboy I was a talkin’ fool, the teacher snapped her ruler and she kept me after school.” Easy to relate. The song grows up to what it was like to tell the boss what was on his mind, which, well as you know will land you on the street. And how about running the yakety yak when you meet a woman? All the stories are here, all with humor and a good dance beat. Fun! “I speak my mind and my mind’s always running away.” And what happens when you meet your match? I gotta lot to say, and the main thing is you have to hear the punch lines for yourself! “Honey hush.” Shoutouts for the bluesy atmosphere of “I’m Still High” and the exciting instrumental treatmeright rhythms of Ruff House. Paul Mark & The Van Dorens