Monday, April 28, 2014

Neil Young - A Letter Home

Neil Young - A Letter Home

I've followed the principal in this blog of "If you have nothing good to say, don't say it all". I'm making an exception because this one is scary. I am a fan, as are all my friends. But a fan should not shell out money for absolute crud. Think of all the tirades Neil Young has had about the poor sound quality of music products!

I suggest you try to find an on-line stream of this before shelling out any cash.

A video is available of one cut:

And here's a guy with an alternative view of this CD. At least he's honest when he says "it sounds like an old 78 - it's scratchy." Where his ears differ from mine is he says "it works - it really works":

A live audience video has much better sound:

And finally, a 2014 solo concert in Winnepeg - enjoy!