Tuesday, August 05, 2014

Tuatara - Underworld (2014)

Once or twice a year a full album appears whose purpose is not to entertain, but to emote and evoke. These rare albums belong in my collection for those times I need them. They are pulled out for special occasions, usually lone times. Or those few times in life I find a friend who survives quietly and will experience depths with me. I will not need this CD every day, but there will be times when I am very glad I have it. This instrumental album could be called americana jazz if one absolutely was forced to put a label on it; but both terms call up memories that do not fit this CD. No voices interrupt the beauty of the music, which helps my inner voice visit the places it needs to go when the music is playing.

Players: Barrett Martin, Peter Buck, Mike McCready, Justin Harwood, Skerik, Scott McCaughey, and Manuel Oquendo.

Tuatara - Underworld (2014)

No new videos yet. Older tunes by the ensemble: