Friday, November 17, 2006

XPress 2 - Witchi Tai To

“Water spirit's feet are swinging 'round my head.” Definitely bubblegum, the good old-fashioned double-bouble kind. I loved this song way back when I was 14. I probably heard it first by Harper’s Bizarre, who had a single out of it. The group Everything Is Everything first released it as an almost reggae single, which I didn’t hear until after the Harper’s version, but loved just as much. It’s funny dancing to songs we danced to with a different beat 40 years ago, but at the same time since I love this new version just as much I am feeling younger now than I was then. There was a funny version put out by Brewer & Shipley a year or so later – funny because it was a folk version done to the chord changes of Sweet Jane. In other words, this song a a perennial goodie and if you ain’t up and dancing within 20 seconds you’re much older than I am. The whole album is fun – another stand-out cut is Light My Soul. XPress 2