Saturday, April 26, 2008

Bravo Johnson - Sacrifice Yourself

“Let me clean it up best that I can so that when you return I’ll be a better man.” Put the needle down anywhere on the album and ask your neighbor to name that tune. Sounds like we just tuned into Classic Rock on the radio and these are long-lost songs by some of the best groups of the 60’s & 70’s. In fact, I had to do some checking to be sure this wasn’t a lost “best hits” of some obscure group from middle America that I missed out on. Take a BIG mixing bowl. Add two cups of the Grateful Dead, a cup of The Band, a cup of The Heartbreakers, ½ cup of Dylan, ¼ cup each of Steve Forbert, Rickie Lee Jones, Steely Dan, Santana and Sheryl Crow, and tablespoons full of the Allmans and Lynyrd Skynyrd. Mix together well and allow to sit in the freezer for 30 years. Take out and bake at 500 degrees with a hot mix of impeccable musicians who keep everything fresh with riffs we remember from the future, deliciously old and never stale. Shoutouts for Ship Of Fools, Cahoots, Hobo, and Losing My Mind. Bravo Johnson