Friday, April 18, 2008

James Rabbit – George Gershwin

“I had to write a song about it.” Wanna just party with humor? Me too. These guys fit that bill just fine. A big bottle of Chianti with orange juice (I use ¾ orange with ¼ wine so I can dance longer), a buncha folks who love to laugh at real stories that happened to all of us, and Friday night is alive! Mom didn’t like the music you liked. Until one night, something clicked, then she’s partying with you! Yep, them’s the good days and the good times. I heard that. Someone just whispered I’m not describing the music. Well, that’s the beauty of James Rabbit. They fool you. They crawl into the hole and you follow and an undiscovered world is found. It’s pop, but with a twist of lemon. Its psychedelic, but with a dose of joyful jazz. Shoutouts for Welcome Back (“don’t have to worry about having to be interesting”) and the melodrama of We’re all In This Together (“I feel like I’m being watched, even criticized”). James Rabbit