Monday, May 26, 2008

Discrete Encounter - Let Go

“A mind is often chasing a thought – so what?” I’m starting the week dancing, with a male/female vocal interacting that encourages me to get up and go, and be conscious of the child whose eyes are on me but whose miond is racing a million other places. “Nothing’s ever what it seems, I’m getting used to reading your mind. And if you never see my tears, it doesn’t mean I’ve never been crying.” Sounds like a bit of a downer, but the band keeps us getting washed up, clothed and ready for the week, prepared for whatever it wants to bring. I never know in my classroom which child is glad to be back in school after living through a weekend of hell. I know there’s a child or two that wish they could sing these words out. “Nothing’s ever what it seems, I’m getting used to reading your mind. And if you never see my tears, it doesn’t mean I’ve never been crying.” I only pray that my classroom is a place of refuge for those children. And, the narrator speaks directly at me as the song closes, “Just learn the eyes aren’t always willing to see – just be.” Thanks! Discrete Encounter