Friday, May 02, 2008

Flogging Molly - Requiem For A Dying Song

“There's a government whip cracked a across your back where the order of the day is don't listen – attack! See the blood run down in your blood swept town.” There’s a lot I feel about this song, besides it’s fun to listen to, but I realize the lyric is reminding me no one’s listening anyway. “Talk don't talk if you've nothing to say. Walk don't walk if our feet don't know the way.” There’s a lot to say, and places I wish I could go – like another planet. Our fellow men seem to have no belief in the fact we’re living on this world together. It’s easier to say screw it, let’s dance. But Flogging Molly won’t let me give up. “See the terror in the eye of the bloodshot child, only rubble in his belly is the promise of lust. Operation? Liberation? Tell me. You can decide.” Huge shoutouts for Float, On The Back Of A Broken Dream, and The Story So Far. Flogging Molly