Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Kaylah Marin - Loving Life!

“We’re all MC’s sharing the mike’s heat.” This is a great hump-day CD, but I’m shouting it out a day early because Kaylah has me loving life too much to hold on to this knowledge till tomorrow. Kaylah manages to pull memories out of the right places “dancing in class to our own beats, raising our hands jumping out of our seats, giving our own I have a dream speech”. I did that, and my students last year did that. It’s universal – the power of music to raise us up and dream. The sooner you order this CD the sooner you’ll be up dancing and loving life right alongside everyone else lucky enough to hear this. “Everyday I’m loving my life.” Kaylah captures the power of joy in her soul and it’s great she’s willing to share this strength with all of us. Shoutouts for the dance-floor ready Everybody, the sweet flavors of Good and Bad, and the anthem sing-a-long, Driving In My Car (“oh yeah, feel so good!”). Go ahead and buy this summer CD that’ll keep you smiling for many years to come. Your ears will thank you, your feet will thank you. Keep dancin’! Kaylah Marin