Friday, July 25, 2008

Los Lonely Boys - Loving You Always

The acoustic guitars introduce the story. “I think it’s time we both sat down to talk. No, don’t walk away. Let me say just how I feel for you, you just want to stay. Cause I want to be with you, only you, always. I’ll make your dreams come true, loving you always.” And it gets better. The singers are so convincing that I want to fall in love just to sing this to someone special. I don't imagine there's anyone left who would let these verses impact their psyche, but it sure would be groovy of it were so. The style is a timeless rocking country beat with beautiful Norté acoustic guitar accents. Shoutout for a groovy cover of the classic bar standard I’m A Man (“I stand outside creatin’ all the groovy kinds of love”). Not only is the guitar solo superb, but I’m also excited because I can say groovy again, and mean it. "Imagine I’m not human and my heart is made of stone." Los Lonely Boys