Monday, July 28, 2008

RadioRadio - I, Computer

The music is built to wake me from deep slumber slowly – through the mists and clouds of memories dreamt as truth. I wake up, I think, when I hear the singer ask if “you have finally feel the face of God? Do you dream?” The guitars attack and create an energy to make this week have a purpose beyond sleep. It’s easier, methinks, to stay inside as the heat simmers over 100 degrees with 80% humidity. Are we really made to live in this state? RadioRadio lets me know it doesn’t matter – these thoughts are useless. I am dancing through the air-conditioning way over the clouds set in motion at the beginning and end of this song. As I listen the next few times I begin to understand the computer is singing, and calling me son. And that’s cool because I'm not ready to deal with that depth of understanding and the computer/narrator lets me know not to sweat the details. Great wake-me up song, it’s also perfect for a hump-day dance party as well as a Friday shout-em-up dance party. Well done! RadioRadio