Friday, September 12, 2008

Blind Pilot - One Red Thread

“Oh man, of man, you can do what you want.” Think about it. A band has a hard enough time touring in good times. I remember traveling 200 miles to play in front of 6 people. Sometimes there were more people in the band than in the audience. It’s not easy. Now, fast forward 30 years to gas prices at $4 a gallon. What to do? Ah! Bikes! I’m not kidding, these guys may be nuts, but they’re also good musicians. “I had the itch to fly and I flew.” Check out their blog.

You have to accept the fact they’re not touring on bicycles with 50,000 watts of sound system, so if you guessed these guys are an acoustic act, you guessed good. I’m not dancing with sweat pouring off my body, but I am am dancing through the humidty with nice guitar work, subtle percussion and beautiful harmonies. Shoutout for Two Towns From Me (“let me want that mystery.”) Blind Pilot