Monday, September 22, 2008

Lindsey Buckingham - Great Day

The electronic beat, a bit faster than a heartbeat, is a fun method of pulling me up out of bed to dance. I figured out I’ve been writing reviews for 40 years this month, and I’m kind of amazed that artists can still continue to inspire me with a new way of describing a wonderful day in my life. It’s even cooler when it’s an artist I’ve written about most of those 40 years. When you expect them to be old and tired and discover they’re not, well life is great, what else can I say? The beat pulls us up, but he rhythm guitar work here is extra fancy and fun to listen to, and I am thrilled that there’s 2 guitar solos. Short, sweet solos, but still rockin’. Fit it all into a 3 minute record that will teaches "more than I ever learned in school." Lindsey Buckingham