Sunday, October 05, 2008

Creaky Boards - The Songs I Didn't Write

“When you have gone to bed, I am alone inside my head. I turn on the stereo, the one only I can know.” An introduction that I can relate to. The music is fascinating, a variety of sounds, not a standard rock and roll presentation, although the spirit and strength of this record is derived from the best in rock tradition. The bass player is often alone here in the beginning, with a visit of what sounds like an xylophone. When the whole group joins in I am transported back to a favorite time in my life, when music was played from the radio that makes me get up, dance, cry, get involved mentally and physically. Everyone from Tommy James to Brian Wilson is channeled here, but we move beyond into the dreams of 2008 and the need for hope. The music of this album relays that hope. I love that Brooklyn is a place of joy that has the sound of California, bringing both coasts into a complete nation of loving the moment for what it is. Shoutouts for Now I'm In The City, Brooklyn, and A Low Level Of Trust. Creaky Boards