Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings - 100 Days, 100 Nights (CD)

Come on pull those old records off the shelf. “Let me testify, let me rectify!” As I predicted there’s no way I can stop the dance this evening. Sharon called in and said she’s willing to reprise her 33 minute set for my ears & of course I say “yes, just let me refresh my drink.” At least she allows her band 30 seconds to warm before grabbing my butt back to the dance floor to be arethafranklined and ettajamesed with pleasure the rest of the night. It’s going to take a lotta willpower not to pull down the other 2 CDs sitting up on the shelf by the Dap-Kings. Ouch, I just love the way Sharon breathes oooh-wee into my ear with the funky band dreaming the night away. I need to warn you that you will have a craving for those after hearing Sharon whispering her soul into your ears for 30 minutes. You have not heard true freedom until you've heard this band sing This Land is Your Land. But I need a shower. Feeling great, however knowing it’ll take a few days to recuperate. The children at school are just going to have to put up with me walking on clouds all day tomorrow. “No sorrow will surround me!” And, praise high. The last tune is a slow dance. Cool down. “Answer me, sweet Jesus. I have so much to say, but all I can do is moan.” Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings