Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Night Watchman - The King Of Hell

“The act has changed, the play is the same” Take it as political or spiritual, or just plain commentary on life. Cool song poem with a good guitar beat. “I was surprised to learn the devil is not the king of hell.” So, who is? Ah, if I told you that I’d be telling secrets. Maybe it’s our selves. Or maybe not. Listen and decide. There’s nothing wrong with this performance, but I’d sure love to hear Johnny Cash singing this song. “I’m gonna find out what the screaming’s about on the other side of that door.” Shoutouts for The Lights Are On In Spidertown (“Stand back, stormtroopers attack on a bright May day”) and The Iron Wheel (“you push and pull against it, but you’ll ride it till it’s through”). Night Watchman

Night Watchman on Eartaste