Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Eli Paperboy Reed & The True Loves – Roll With You (CD)

After a cursory 10 minute break to get fresh drinks, the next band gets up on the stand and presents another 40 minutes of party dancing. These guys pull the ears toward the bandstand with some great horn interplay, but the beat never stops and my feet stay happy. I am getting so energized that I don’t even think I’ll need to sleep tonight – the vibes will carry me wide awake all day tomorrow. Fantastic bluesy soul with many many flavors to keep the night young . Otisredding flavors abound, with dreams from marvin and pure unadulterated Eli Paperboy Reed. Songs – ah, forget it, buy the whole CD – there’s nothing here you won’t want to dance to. If pushed, I’d say The Satisfier really keeps my slyandthefamilystone hunger happy. But, why push? The dance is beautiful. Because as soon as Take My Love With You starts I have a brand new favorite all over again. After hearing the last song on the CD you’re guaranteed to hit the record shelves and put another dance record in. If you have his other, ore blues-flavored album, you’ll love this just as much. If you don’t, trust that you’ll want it soon after buying this one. Eli Paperboy Reed & The True Loves