Monday, June 15, 2009

Tiny Masters Of Today - Monkey In The Middle

These folks put out one of my most favorite albums of 2007, and it’s great to hear they survived to make a second album. Since I really loved the first CD, this one kinda threw my brain in a mess – hip hop? Well, I thought it through and realized given the age of these youngsters, it’s a smart commercial move. They’re good at it, and probably unique. I haven’t heard tons of punk flavored hip hop yet, so these kids are still on the cutting edge. Harder for my ears to get used to but I hope it’s just perfect for folks their age. The Archies for the 21st century – lots and lots of sugar! A few cuts, of course, struck me as perfect for kids of all ages. Monkey In The Middle is an energetic fun summer dance song. Plan to sweat! The shoutout tune is Big Bass Drum. Tiny Masters Of Today