Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Audio Sunshine - Sell Your Heart For Love

“The dark can drown my light.” I’ll start by saying the term Audio Sunshine truly fits this record. The same way I think of music as food for my soul, these folks have added a healthy batch of solar incense into my aural cavities. This is not music to get high by, by to get high from. There’s space left above the noise to enjoy a peaceful state while listening. The unusual thing for me is that the words are not capturing me, and I normally need the grounding of the words to be convinced of the value of a song. In this case, I’m not too sure what the narrator means by the catch phrase, “sell your heart for love”. The title sounds kinda deep, but if I try to gain control of a meaning I feel helpless. I can live with all the goodness though, because the music captures me. It’s not often two singers and a guitar will arrest my attention, especially if I am unable to fathom a concrete meaning, but it works here. Some words that spring to mind are innocent, fresh, sparse, captivating, and totally fulfilling. Even though I'm not convinced to sell my heart for anything, I am completely sold on the act that Audio Sunshine has moved my soul to a higher place. Thanks! Audio Sunshine