Thursday, August 28, 2008

Brazilian Girls - St. Petersburg

“Do you like my accent when I call you?” Funny line because as I listen to the album I hear some French (maybe Portugese?) some Spanish, some English, some German oom-pahs. Love it. Last night we danced to Brazilian Girls, but tonight we are working on building our creativity. Brazilian Girls have tons of it, and the plan is for the ingenuity to rub off and inspire. I’ve met the students I’ll be working with, and tomorrow we wrap up our first week together. The process of making the wrap-up exciting and building an energy for the rest of the year together is not as easy as it might sound. That’s where music comes in to stir up every bit of powerful insight I need to bring this all together in a positive manner. St Petersburg starts off this thought-dream-party with a bit of a beat, a visionary type of beat. A dancible single, but more of a cerebral dance for me tonight. It’s fascinating that some things that drive me crazy by less accomplished artists (whistling, moaning instead of lyrics) manage to capture my imagination when done with solid taste. These folks have that recipe down, good, solid eartastible joy. “Do you like my acting?” Yep. Shoutouts for L'Interprete & Berlin. Brazilian Girls