Monday, August 04, 2008

Shane Wyatt - Whole Lotta Love

Gotta love a cowboy who gets te work week started by quoting Shakespeare! The energy is a jump-outta bed singing happy thoughts gusto spirit. “Hey, I love waking up with you each morning and I love thinking about you each day.” Guitars, fiddles and steel guitars galore! “Round the clock my love don’t stop.” Great radio-blasting car song, as well as a good-time skirt around the dance floor tune. “Every morning as I drive to work, I love you all the way.” The guy must be a newlywed (says the old cynic). The first shoutout, Happy Hour, is a more bluesy reality check with the narrator dropping tears in his beer. “My only vacation is Friday afternoon. It’s my happy hour, I won’t waste it on you.” The second shoutout, Big Bad Dog, is a true driving blast of fun. Having just driven highway 35 in Texas last month, the drive is still fresh – a new town every 20 miles. The driver in this song is being followed on a fog-filled night by a truck doing 90 mph with a huge “chrome grill” and a trailer on back, carrying “everything from steel to Kansas Wheat.” Hilarious, upbeat song about the highway that goes from Laredo all the way to Duluth cutting our great country almost in ½. The road is filled with beauty, and many many curves – so “get outta the way” of the trucks, and if you ever head down south through Uvalde, be sure to call the Eartaster – I’m just a bit east of 35. You might even see me in my little tiny geo from time to time. Shane - thanks for the lively start to my week! Shane Wyatt