Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Electric Touch - Who Put the Fire Out?

You all know I love a song that I can dance to on hump day that also makes me think. These guys succeed admirably. “Who put the fear into this land?” Question asked, no answer given. Can take you back to whatever point you want to go. There’s many answers and one answer. But the narrator is not going to give it to you. I like to anger people I talk to. I hate our what our country has turned into as much as anyone else; but as easy as it is to blame the politicians I make people angry by reminding them WE VOTED FOR THEM. That’s our power, our mistake. Anyway, Electric Touch may or may not be reaching quite that deep.That's just where they take me. The strength in the way the approached the song is they may take you in a completely different direction. “Who took the boys from every downtown?” Again, many answers and one answer. Some of the thought provokers aren’t questions, but complete statements. “Daddy don’t lie, he just doesn’t tell the truth.” Before you egg on about the grammar, I hear adults talking to children like that all the time. “Who took the cradle and made it into a grave?” Fully blessed images, and again, no easy answers. And, if that’s not enough, the song is a pleasure to listen to and dance to. The instrumentation is rock-based and excellent, with some fine lead guitar. Shoutouts for Breakdown ("the sun is in my pocket where I hide the light") and Give Me A Sign ("a girl walks by with a red paleta and I think I'll lose my mind"). Electric Touch