Saturday, June 28, 2008

Artur Dyjecinski - A Song About Her

“It’s those shoes that you wear that make your feet drag along, and the hair across your face and the reason that you grew it long.” A pleasant-seeming fella singing about pleasant people. The tune is kinda bouncy, and the narrator is observing everyone. Keeping his eye on one guy who is “looking at your hips.” Things do get involved, like all good short stories. “Baby you’re too far away to listen close though you’re standing next to me holding onto my hand.” I like the way he’s able to pick up on a person who keeps an “attitude so no one knows how happy you are.” I’ve met those folks myself. Much more to this story, so I’ll save some for you to discover for yourself. Very cool song, well-written and perfectly performed. A shoutout for Untitled #1, which I woulda called beautiful duet with Sharon. “In my hopes and dreams I get carried away with music playing over fields of flowers for me.” Artur Dyjecinski