Monday, June 02, 2008

Pharaohs of Rhythm – I Don't Belong In Your Silly Race

"Fill the holes with deep cement, I'm sure that was God's intent. I don't know where the good things went." What a great song to be listening to while I’m rushing around on Monday morning getting ready for a week of work. Work that I have to commute 20 miles to. The music is perfect – pushing me onwards and upwards, and I love the bass line by Brian a lot. The fun part of it all is that as I’m getting ready to face the week the narrator is reminding me that all this is a silly race. With some 50 billion people on this planet, why am I rushing to stay on schedule. Why are any of us rushing to stay on schedule. I love the irony. I ain’t about to stop the silly race, but it is fun to contemplate how we got ourselves into this predicament. Technology has made us work harder, not easier. So much for that lie. "Don't tell me I'm the one to blame. Nothing left to keep me sane." Thanks for another great wake-up song! This will be added to my personal Monday playlist & stay there a long long time. There’s lotsa things to love about this cut, but I really like the way you chose to end it, 15 seconds of pure bliss! Shoutout for another rocker with a completely different flavor, Let Your Mind Turn Away. Fun guitar solo. Thanks!

Note that the album will be available on cdbaby soon, but in the meantime is available on the website. You want a hard copy of the music largely for the fun picture of the band hidden behind the cd. The Pharaohs of Rhythm

Andy Juhl on Eartaste