Monday, June 30, 2008

Pocket Gods - Weekend Revulers

The drums start off this ear blast with full wake-me up power juice! The guitar and bass enter with a tambourine and I am up and running, ready to face the week. Enter the narrator, who wisely points out I “gotta get the weekend outta my mind. Got the Monday -> Friday gig one more time.” Probably coulda easily forgotten the weekend, as usual, but when reminded to get it outta my mind, well, you know how it goes. Can’t forget what’s upfront and waking you. That’s okay, I forgive him because right away he reminds me, “put on a clean shirt, then have a shave”. Yep, it’s Monday again. Here we go. Oh, there’s more to bring the weekend back to mind, “I don’t remember much ‘bout Friday night.” Well, suffice it to say this narrator had a great weekend. Then, back to the task at hand, “gotta catch the bus just because I need some money for my weekend party.” There’s much more, all fun to listen to. Every time I hear these guys they seem to get better and better. Maybe they’re growing on me, maybe I’m catching up to them. However, they seriously seem to be getting better with each release. This whole album is great energetic fun, and every song has its own mood and meaning. Shoutouts for Jomble Party, Jomble Bells, I Love The World, Sussex, and the intense velvet flavors of My Next High. Great job! I’m already hungry for the next chapter of the Gods. I think that’s what makes them so good, they play what is important to them, and with such passion that their importance becomes my importance. They could care less if anyone listens, they’re going to make music because they love making music. I love them for that. Pocket Gods


Pocket Gods on Eartaste