Monday, June 16, 2008

Weezer - Everybody Get Dangerous

Fun song about an elder citizen of say 35 or 40 remembering what it was like when he was a kid doing kids stuff (“65 in a 25 zone”) and then wondering what kind of answers he’ll have when his kids ask him if they can do the same things. The quandary of the ages. At least he remembers “there must be a guardian angel or some sorta destiny we have cause we shoulda died a long time ago”. We survived, and our kids survive. As the great statesman George Bush said, “When I was young and impressionable I was young and impressionable.” Love the Stones-like ending! Fun wake-up song, guys! Shoutouts for Troublemaker (“doing things my own way, never giving up”), Pork and Beans (“I’m doing things I want to do, I don’t have a thing to prove to you”), Heart Songs (“for goodness sake, these are the songs I keep singing”) & Thought I Knew (“thought I knew, but I didn’t have a clue”). Weezer