Sunday, October 14, 2007

Ayo - Down On My Knees

The narrator is begging her baby not to leave her for another person. “I don’t believe you’d really leave me just because of her.” Despite her baby’s infidelity, she sings, “I love you unconditionally.” Okay, so why am I so joyful and pleased to tell you about the tune? Obviously it’s not the words. It’s the performances, both by the band and the singer. This album is definitely eartastable and despite the bluesy quality of the words, guaranteed to put a smile on your face. Pure, gentle pleasure. The band is subtle, with just the right accents to make this meal completely satisfying. I’m also pleased to say this album will be available here in the US in about a month, which means with a bit of patience you can get this jazzy folk flavored album at a pretty decent price. Shoutouts for Without You, And It's Supposed To Be Love, and Help Is Coming. Ayo