Thursday, December 20, 2007

Killers – Tranquilize

“Silently, reflection turns my world to stone/Patiently, correction leaves us all alone/And sometimes I’m travel man/But tonight this engine's failing.” Advertised as a collection of b-sides and rarities, it’s all new to me, and I had a great time listening to this song. The voice can’t be hidden, so if you haven’t heard it yet, this is one of Lou Reed’s most energetic performances in a long time. I love Lou Reed, but lately he hasn’t made me dance this hard. Or pray so hard. “We’re the ones who still believe/And we’re looking for a page/In that lifeless book of hope/Where a dream might help you cope/With the Bushes and the bombs/Aha, Tranquilized.” Shoutout for the wonderfully retro-flavors of Take Me To The Place Where The White Boys Dance.” Killers