Thursday, December 27, 2007

Radiohead - Jigsaw Falling Into Place

“Just as you take my hand/just as you write my number down/just as the drinks arrive/just as they play your favorite song”. The sound is surprising – like any decent garage band. That’s a compliment. They’re not going out of their way to be “different”, but to rock my socks off. That’s cool, very cool. “Before you run away from me/before you're lost between the notes/Just as you take the mic/just as you dance, dance, dance/Jigsaws falling into place/there is nothing to explain/Regard each other as you pass/she looks back, you look back/Not just once/not just twice”. Poetry for the ears. Shoutouts for All I Need (“I am a moth who justs wants to share your light. I’m just an insect trying to get out of the dark”), Nude (“Don't get any big ideas, they're not going to happen”) & House Of Cards (“I don't want to be your friend, I just want to be your lover, no matter how it ends”). Radiohead