Saturday, April 14, 2007

Bowling For Soup - Everyday's A Saturday

“You know Monday was bad, Tuesday was worse. Gotta say Wednesday for the sake of this verse.” The music is straight out get up and dance pop, the vocals are perfect, and the lyrics will have you dance laughing all night long. Can’t go wrong at a party with these guys on the turntable. “I’m sleeping in, I’m taking the day off.” I’d love to quote the entire lyric here but, this is performance art, and I don’t want to spoil your chance to laugh the first time you hear it in context. My favorite little singer “trick” that won’t spoil the humor for anyone is the way he sings “Saturday for me” and makes it sound like “sadder day for me.” Bowling For Soup makes Eartaste dance happily! “It’s the weekend – come on! Everyone join in!” Tonight’s shoutout reminds me of Weird Al taking a BFS song and putting his own lyrics. These guys beat him to the punch on A Friendly Goodbye! Bowling For Soup