Sunday, April 29, 2007

noise626 - Madness And The Sublime Rapture

The music sneaks up, almost like a clock ticking or a heart beating. “I can look inside your heart and see the things you don’t want seen.” The music feels this way. Like it’s crawling in and enveloping my entire being. Both creepy and enthralling. Explain that. Guess it’s much like the title – is it madness or rapture? Or can it be both at the same time? One can only wonder as I twirl to the hypnotic rhythm. “I can dance around the reasons you can’t tell the truth. I survive on your lies and taste words like bitter fruit.” The poetry is beautiful, but is used as an accent to the mood created by the music. That’s not often true in music. I especially love the steady musical build-up – rock at it’s finest – though different than most rock because two voices, male and female – are building upon each other. “I will keep storming the gates. I will keep screaming your name. I will keep building my walls. And laughter will follow your fall. Nothing you feel is the truth.” Shoutout for Tsisdu: “laughing and crying often in the same space of time.” noise626