Monday, April 09, 2007

Little Barrie - Bailing Out

The music is king here. Guitar, bass and drums. The singer has a great instrument, but I’m not sure it’s worth a lot of time to decipher it. For some people, that may be important, but these guys are great players who make me get up and dance. My ears are full of many flavors – roast beef and potatoes, with stewed tomatoes and peppers on the side. I am in eartaste heaven. And, yes, some lyrics do come through. Here’s one I love: “jozanatrams.” Seriously. I have no idea what that means, but the psychedelic flavors keep my feet moving and my mind very happy. I’ve said the word over and over and decided it’s my favorite new word of the year. Jozanatrams. “Soon be over and we’ll all be gone.” And how about this: “I’ll pick the pockets of my friends and fight.” Is that really what he said? Doesn’t matter because soon after that he cheats his wife (bride?) and the guitar makes me smile. “I got my my bottle and I got my bag, hit that throttle so the road don’t drag.” Don’t let the details throw you. Dance. The shoutout is easier to understand in some parts, and great fun, with a driving base – Love You! Little Barrie