Monday, April 16, 2007

Willy Mason – Riptide

“I need a new song. Shift it all around like the ocean when the riptide gets you down. Take some from the ones you love in the old town when the riptide gets you down.” The meaning may be a bit obscure on the page, but coupled with the music, this is emotion at it’s best. I know I’m in the middle of a story that’s going to hurt me somewhere along the line. “Stay. I can still breathe. I can still walk. I can still see music walking up the dark.” Alt Americana country symphony blues with a bit of rock. Dontcha love labels? No matter whatcha call it, this one will be on my turntable for many many times to come. “He came home from the city when they choked out all of his dreams. And I guess you can say that this is me. I guess you can these folks are the only ones I believe.” Huge shoutout for The End Of The Race. Willy Mason