Monday, April 02, 2007

Just Jack - Writer's Block

“In my own head consumed, I sit back in my room. It’s like the tapestries of life are tangled in the loom.” So much for writer’s block, this guy has writing pouring out of him. And, because he’s set it to music, he’s being eartasted. Yep, good stuff. “I’m like a butterfly caught in a hurricane. My pulse is quickening as my heart plays a new refrain.” Poetry to dance to. What a great world this is. Not my usual Monday diet, which usually consists of blast me wide awake. After the blasted tornadoes last week, a steady dance beat is good to wake me up today, and Just Jack has provided a perfect dish. “Sometimes a writer thinks too much about life and love and music and such.” The humor also helps. And the bass playing. Shoutout for Disco Friends. Just Jack