Friday, April 27, 2007

Joe Wrabek - Eating Cornflakes From A Hubcap Blues

“I’ve got dust bunnies playing on the kitchen floor reminding me you ain’t around no more. And the rain keeps falling through the hole I shot in the roof.” Another blues song about a woman that left. The difference between this song and all the rest is we have true insight as to why she left! How long can you put up with someone who refuses to help around the house and gets so drunk he shoots holes in the roof? “Every dirty dish reminds me of you.” The fact that he eats cornflakes, of course, makes him doubly eartastible. “I’d catch up on my reading if the lights were on, but the bills ain’t been paid since you’ve been gone – so there’s other people ‘sides me that’s been missing you.” There’s more where that came from. It’s funny when you read it, doubly funny when you hear it. Great fun! Shoutout for Bungee Jumpin' Jesus! Joe Wrabek