Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Jackson Taylor - Outlaw Women

Spending my hump-day in a down-home honky tonk beer bar, and Jackson is on stage pulling it off without a hitch. Could be 1958, 1968, 1978, 1988, 1998, or 2008. Traditions. His fiddle player stroking his 18” woman under his chin with a 24” long horsehair collection. Not dancin’ is not an option. A few beers and everyone is on the dance floor slippin’ on the suds. “Here’s to the smoking hot mamas. . .they come in so many shapes and sizes, and every one’s a perfect fit!” Amen to that. Got some BBQ in the back to go along with the shout-outs Dark Days (“I ain’t afraid of the devil, and I ain’t afraid of losing you”), She’s A Real Good Girl (“Hey bartender I’d like to buy the house a round, cause I just quit my job”), and Honky Tonk Heroes (“gullible losers and no-account boozers”). Jackson Taylor