Saturday, January 26, 2008

Santana - El Fuego

My Spanish is not great, so this is extremely rough, which doesn’t matter, ‘cause I love the tune. “Thank you for the fire, for the intense heat that’s grown inside my heart because of you. You’ve given me the freedom to search for the truth. You’ve shown me your face and your love unconditionally.” Hot, fiery guitars, keyboards & percussion accenting a beautiful melody. There’s no more precious way to spend a Saturday evening as the sun sets quietly beyond the horizon. The scene here is very much worth praising God for, and I have a more than passing suspicion that Carlos is directing this tune toward the one who is the light of the world. Shoutouts for Hermes and Da Tu Amor (“No hay razón para la guerra” – roughly, there is no reason for war). Santana