Monday, June 11, 2007

Landon - Only 20

“Late to work again!” Perfect Monday rock and roll blast-off. “Come on, unwind!” Well, that doesn’t work in writing. Seriously. Landon intones unwind in 7 syllables – very cool. “I wanna make a mess and never clean it up. I wanna go off and not apologize.” The ‘only 20’ is talking about the age of the narrator, and is done here to perfection. “Too many times my inner life is underestimated.” Isn’t everybody’s? But only a 20 year old has the time to contemplate that fact. What’s even better is the narrator here is a sly one, she realizes people around here are not taking her for a real person and decides “I’ll have to use it to my advantage.” Some fun lines help make this wake-up rocker a lotta fun and worth listening to many times over. “Not old enough to drink, not old enough to die.” The production on this entire album is superb. “Just looking for some fun!” Shoutout to Angry. Landon