Tuesday, June 12, 2007

The Proper Authorities - Whodunit

“It wasn’t me, I’m telling you, it wasn’t me!” Well, that’s fine. It was probably me. But, then again, it wasn’t. I assure you. “Guess you got the idea behind the whole thing – light bulb burning like an obscene diamond ring.” Okay, sounds kinda obscure, but the story evolves over the period of this 3 minute wonder, and it’s both interesting and fun. “I’m re-thinking what it means to feel clean.” Besides the intriguing lyrics, the main reason these guys are here is the music. Fun, poppy, and ready for a summer blast of fresh air. The dance won’t cool me down, but I didn’t expect it to. Great fun with the shoutouts also – Hypnotized and Make A Choice For Me, both of which have completely different, yet fully satisfying flavors from the lead choice here, making a journey through this album a fully satisfying eartaste meal. A special mention for the short instrumental intro because it really took me to an interesting space in my inner recesses - The Supermachine Looks Much Bigger On TV. The Proper Authorities