Friday, June 15, 2007

Threshold - Sum Blues

“The more things change, the more they stay the same.” This slow blues covers every inch of me with literal goosebumps – in a good way – in a dancing way – I can’t help but move to the feelings. “Another fallen soldier keeps me safe and free. Now I can drive my big car while they sanitize history.” She sings beautifully with her tongue deep in her cheek. “We choose to ignore the past. The more things change, the more they stay the same.” Shivers down my spine and out my feet. “Look what we bought. It is worth what we lost when a mother cries?” We have war and dead soldiers to protect not our country, but our economy. And the guitar playing outlines the powerful messages with fluid understanding and deep understatement. “Ain’t that the truth!” Shoutout to Here Before for keeping this Friday night party funky! Threshold