Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Threshold - It Ain't Me

“Am I the fuel for your fire?” I know for sure one thing – the music here fuels my fire. Slow, purposeful & soulful. “You act like I’m here for your own means, like lions to the faithful. On fear you feed, but who are you supposed to be?” Wrapping my brain around this takes me in several directions. Look at myself and the way I treat others. Look at my country and the way it treats others. Whew. “I can represent myself, don’t stick me with this line of thought cause I don’t need no help.” I love this. As I start to analyze the train of thought of the writer I’m being told not to, or at least not to share my conclusions with others – because my conclusions are probably wrong. “Can’t you see, ain’t no bag to wrap around me. Try to gold up my reflection, but it ain’t me.” Just as I start to realize this one is going to take many meditations to chew on I’m hit with something even deeper to dig into. “We go get the evil. You think that’s what they see. Now I am the enemy.” How quickly a patriot becomes an insurgent. “I look at the flag outside my window. Can’t remember pride. Some people, we read between the lines.” Shoutout for three other distinctly different, but wonderful flavors: Need To Know, Good Day, and Depending On You. Threshold