Saturday, June 09, 2007

Meteors - We Wanna Wreck Here

“Big Man I am a psycho cat and I need to talk to you!” Rockabilly psycho cats, for sure. I am on my feet as soon as he first beat hits me ears – these guys are sailing through the universe with full-on-board nuclear fission. “The devil, he taught us how to rock, and then he turned us loose.” Well, it’s all in the ears. This music is the music of the heavens, if you ask me. The band is simply looking for a gig in this song, and is trying to impress the bar owner. Seems many people are impressed by the devil, so it goes. “I got me a mean little band, I can show you what we do – we could really set this place alight! If you’ve got the sense or balls to put us on your stage, you will see the wildest thing you’ve ever seen!” Salesmanship. It isn’t all braggadocio either – these guys rock! Perfect for a Friday night bash. Shoutout for the instrumental The Cutter Cuts While The Widow Weeps. Meteors