Sunday, March 23, 2008

Delirious? – We Give You Praise

“When the road is rough and steep and it leads a heart to weep, there’s an ocean of tears that you’ve held through the years but we’re not stopping here.” I try my best to neglect these holy days because my friend Paul of Tarsus has taught me to hold each day in holy esteem, and to live each day as if my Savior has risen anew (Romans 14:5, etc). But I’ve been made aware of how important this day is to some and have decided that this year I will share praise with my friends who walk the earth as participants. “The King of all the earth has saved us from ourselves.” Amen to that. The kingdom of God is within, and how often I neglect this truth. “Through the avenues of time You meet me where I am. We walk with glory and pain, and You’ve broken through the chain, so there’s no stopping here. A glorious resurrection day for all my friends, and may we all learn to experience this resurrection daily.

“Now, brothers, I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you received and on which you have taken your stand. By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain. For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures." 1 Corinthians 15

Delirious?