Friday, March 02, 2007

LynnMarie & The Boxhounds - Party Dress

Ah, we can’t let a little politics get in the way of a good time party, so let’s swing out another record! This one tastes very fresh, with just the right spices of cajun polka gumbo to make the dance sweat sweet. Grab a partner and get your booty out there on the floor – we’re setting up a happy party tonight!

Every working girl knows just what it’s like
Sitting on the edge of a Friday night
Tapping in time to the second hand creeping along
But at 5:01 just the thing I’ll need
Is home up on a hanger just a-waiting for me
And I know when I get it on. . .

Heads are gonna turn, hearts are gonna break
Heaven’s gonna move and the earth is gonna shake
I’ll be all dolled up and ready to play tonight
One of a kind fitting like a glove
Satin on skin showin’ just enough
Tell ‘em what’ll happen when a good girl slips. . .
Into her pretty little party dress

Country? Rock? Polka? Cajun? Ha! I love it because this song is all that and fun to boot! Shoutouts to two more party hearty tunes Squeeze Box (yes, that one!), and Polka Till The Cows Come Home. And, if you’re real lucky and you don’t pass out too early, I’ll let you taste a really pretty version of The Tennessee Waltz before you go home tonight. LynnMarie & The Boxhounds