Sunday, March 04, 2007

Natalie Cole - The More You Do It

“Now this is for the old school.” Natalie starts off with that warning, but this is not 1978 rappers delight old school, no way. “You keep on kissing me with your kiss/touching me with your touch.” This is 1967 Aretha you make me feel old school. I got out bowls of pretzels and potato chips, with bowls of dip around the room. With Tang for the youngsters and vodka mixers for the elders. “Oh, there’s no better feeling than when your body’s next to mine moving and grooving.” And, it’s perfect. Recalls everyone, yet stands well on it’s own. “I just want to tell the world how I feel about you baby!” Could have appeared in 1967 or 2007, doesn’t really matter – it’s simply a timeless arrangement complete with horns that deserves to start off my Saturday night party. “The more you do it, the more I like it – Having so much fun, baby!” A super shoutout for Don't Say Goodnight, which will be my last dance this evening, and probably many parties to come – it’s exceptionally exquisite. “I had a lot of fun tonight.” Natalie - thanks for keeping me moving with beauty. Natalie Cole